A few sketches
- The world is - ultimately - governed by justice and equity (which are forever intertwined);
- People are inherently good. Life is inherently good;
- LIfe is moving toward something. A larger directin that we cannot know;
- Life is a sacred experience and is its own purpose. Ultimately, everything else is a costume or decoration;
- This sacred experience is had through relationships - with the self, with other people, with ideas, with spirit, with the manifest world;
- These aren’t ideas to be codified, they are experiences to be had;
- There are many gateways, but the most profound may be awe;
- This is what matters, and “should” be where we focus our energy.
As I think about the underlying philosophy that governs my life, this came out as a set of foundational presumptions.